Thursday, May 17, 2012

GHALIUN is RESIGNING

(...)
"I will not allow myself to be the candidate of division, I am not attached to a position, so I announce that I will step down after a new candidate has been chosen, either by consensus or through new elections," the Paris-based academic said in a statement.
Ghalioun, who has led the Syrian National Council by consensus rather than through election since it was founded in October 2011, was re-elected as the main opposition group's chairperson in a vote held in Rome on Tuesday.
He said he would remain a member of the SNC, "hand-in-hand with the young people who struggle, the young people of the revolution of dignity and freedom, until victory," while urging all opposition groups to overcome their divisions.

AFP/NOW Lebanon

More reading here
http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=397548.



-

No comments:

Post a Comment